Examination and Challenge of Assignments of Mortgage
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2021
3 PM EDT
2.5 CLE CREDITS
- Sponsor: APON
- Host/Provider: GTC Honors, Inc.
- Course Number 2106918N
- Provider # 1030277
- 2.5 Credits for Continuing Legal Education
- Level: Intermediate
- Approval Period: 09/22/2021 – 03/31/2023
- Presenter: Neil F Garfield
- Florida Bar Number 229318
- The Coming Challenge to Lawyers: Another Foreclosure Tidal Wave
- The Ethics of Foreclosure Defense and Foreclosure Advice.
- Why Make the Challenge?
- How to Examine the Assignment of Assets Like Mortgage Liens.
- How to prevent evidence from coming in
- How to get admitted evidence out
- How to undermine the admitted evidence
- What to Look for in Creating a Credible Defense Narrative:
- Complete names
- Verified names
- Direct signatures
- Indirect/derivative signatures
- Recital of consideration
- Identified subject (asset) of transfer
- Warranty of title to asset
- Notices from creditor
- Derivative notices from creditor
- Notices from “servicer”
- Admissions Against Interests
- Motion to Dismiss
- Discovery and Definitions
- Motion for Summary Judgment
- BUSINESS RECORD EXCEPTION TO HEARSAY RULE
- Motion to Compel Discovery
- Motion for Sanctions
- Motion in Limine
- Objections at Trial and Cross-examination
- Q&A for lawyers only (others will have a separate Q & A tba)
- Follow up conference all 2 weeks later for lawyers.
On Wednesday, September 29th at 3 pm EDT (Eastern Standard Time), the American Property Owners Network, Inc., a 501(c)(4) organization (APON), is sponsoring a 2-hour live Zoom Continuing Legal Education (CLE) seminar on “Examination and Challenge of Assignments of Mortgage,” hosted by GTÇ Honors, Inc. and presented by Neil F Garfield, Esq. Mr. Garfield is a member of the Florida Bar (since 1977) and has appeared in over 2000 final hearings and trials in both Federal and State courts covering matters that range from small claims to professional licensing and foreclosures. In this seminar, Mr. Garfield presents the main step in mounting a successful challenge to foreclosure: Examination and Challenge of Assignments of Mortgage.
In his lectures, Mr. Garfield includes a blueprint for lawyers to create a business plan around foreclosure defense. At his first CLE seminar, during the 2008 meltdown, more than 150 lawyers from 15 states attended a full day seminar. Many established successful practices as a result. Homeowners fighting foreclosure, either with or without a lawyer, have also benefited from attending his CLE lectures and seminars. Homeowners are invited to attend the seminar, and will receive a discounted rate.
APON is a national consumer rights group. GTC Honors, Inc. has been involved in banking, payment and account processing, promotion of community banking for 30 years, and now hosts media outlets and seminars for lawyers and homeowners. Mr. Garfield is a nationally acclaimed lecturer in banking, business and law.
APON has come to an agreement with GTC, and Mr. Garfield, to re-start the Garfield Continuum Seminars program in advance of the coming tidal wave of foreclosures and evictions. Attendees at the first lecture will receive a free copy of Mr. Garfield’s book “Keep Your House” for peer and other review (scheduled for fall publication).
The first seminar, “Examination and Challenge of Assignments of Mortgage,” has been approved by the Florida Bar for 2.5 CLE credits for attorneys. The earlier continuum seminars, starting in 2008, were accepted for CLE credits in 26 states. Included in tuition is participation in a 45 minute Q&A conference call 2 weeks after the live presentation. Homeowners may purchase discounted tickets but only questions from lawyers will be accepted. (A separate Q&A session is being arranged.) For more information, you may leave a message at 954-451-1230 or 941-237-0558.
This Post Has One Comment
Right here is the right site for anybody who hopes to find out about this topic.
You realize so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa).
You certainly put a fresh spin on a subject that has been written about
for a long time. Wonderful stuff, just wonderful!